The First Waltz
This set is about the beauty of awakening youth. It’s like a rose bud… - no, not open yet to its fragrant full bloom, but so charming! In the 19th century, for the first ball of her life, a young girl would wear a bright and pastel coloured dress, most often white or rose, made of lightest materials possible – finest silk, muslin, tulle or lace… Splendid jewellery was a privilege of married women. For a young lady only a small pendant or necklace and earrings would be sufficient, preferably pearls, symbolizing innocence and purity of soul.
Silk thread, from which the set is made, has some generous glow which is difficult to put in words, highlighted by the luster of pearls and silver.
A bracelet will make a perfect gift for a girl on her Christening – using the siver chain attached, she will be able to wear it when grown-up too.
• Silk thread
• High quality freshwater cultivated pearls and seed pearls
• 925 Sterling Silver beads
• 925 Sterling Silver fittings
In order to keep their shape, jewellery pieces are stiffened (except for the band).
• Pendant: 2,5 x 2,5 cm (without pendant bail)
• Band: length – 42 cm, width – 4 mm
• Earrings: length – 2,3 cm (with hooks), 1,3 cm (without hooks), width – 1,5 cm
• Bracelet: length – 14 cm (without clasp), 15 cm (with clasp), width – 2,3 cm
Please note that the measurements presented are approximate. All items are handmade, therefore the dimensions of your jewelry piece can be slightly different from those indicated here. The band can be made according to your preferred length.